Sunday, September 24, 2017

US GAME 30 KIDS SIDE EVENT TO THE NATIONAL GAME THIRTY


Members of the Weibel  Junior Varsity and Novice chess team competed against 14 other school teams at the US Game 30 Kids Side Event during the U.S. National Game 30 Championships on Saturday, September 23, 2017.  Our players once again proved their mettle.  They finished first, a point and a half above the nearest competitor. 

Only points of the top three players counted.  Any one of our eight players could have had their points count.   Ryan Chen, Krishank Sardesai and Om Herur turned out to be our best this day. Vivaan Dudani, Louis Love Le, Yohaan Dudani, Aarav Gulrajani and Krish Behl were our other players. 

KUDOS to all!

As you can see from my photograph, only two of the players hung around for the awards.  I can understand why as it was a long day with five one hour games played and I am sure the kids and the parents were exhausted.

Please forgive my poor photo.  My ancient memory failed and I forgot my camera.  Hard to believe, I know.  I used my iPhone and as you can see I am far from skilled in using its camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment