WEIBEL CHESS CLUB AND TEAM
Weibel Chess, under the aegis of the PTO, is entering its 31th year at the school. Weibel Chess players have won numerous state and national championships. Our greatest accomplishment, however, is not the winning of championships, but teaching thousands of children to play outstanding chess while enjoying themselves
WHY SUCH SUCCESS?
Weibel Chess has a unique and distinct approach to teaching chess. The Weibel Chess way means that children learn to enjoy the game of chess in an academic atmosphere while having fun. Our chess program is an after-school enrichment program, not merely recreational.
Many chess schools are revolving door programs. They cannot afford to provide skills for the many levels of their students so they basically teach the same thing each year. Because of the large number of students we have six levels of instruction from Raw Beginners to Tournament Players and usually eight different classes on Tuesdays and Fridays.
Club classes begin after school on Tuesdays and are once a week for one hour and twenty-five minutes. Team classes begin after school on Fridays and are once or twice a week for up to two hours and thirty minutes. Class time is spent studying chess tactics and strategy to promote critical and abstract thinking. This year our Club program starts on Tuesday, September 25, 2018 and our Team program begins Friday, September 21, 2018. We will end the chess year with a banquet and award ceremonies on Friday, May 24, 2019.
· Instructors use a hands on approach to learning
· Teachers guide learning through rewards and positive reinforcement
· Encourages parent involvement in their program
· Is designed for children to have fun while learningWHY CHESS?
· Chess involves critical thinking
· Chess cultivates visualization skills
· Chess improves problem solving skills and academic performance
· Chess teaches concentration and self-discipline
· Chess rewards determination and perseverance
· Chess is fun!REGISTER FROM: http://www.WeibelChess.org/Information2018-2019.html
VISIT US AT: WeibelChess.org or on Facebook