Monday, April 29, 2013

I posted this blurb on Facebook:

Just returned from Chicago. This weekend my Weibel Girls won the All-Girls National Chess Championships in the under 12 section even though they came in ranked number three behind IS318 from New York and Bull Run ES from Virgina. My parents all yelled out--"Unreal!" I am proud of their success. They worked hard and deserved the win. This is Weibel's fifth National title in three years and to the best of my knowledge no other school in California has won as many National titles. I will soon write an article for CalChess on the other amazing success of Bay Area girls-most notably two sisters from San Jose one who won the under 8 division and the other who won the under 14 section. I prefer not to use children's names on Facebook. I believe this is another first--two siblings winning National titles in one tournament.

Alan

No comments:

Post a Comment