Friday, June 24, 2011

ALAN'S K-2 SUMMER CHESS PROGRAM IS UNDERWAY

I am pleased with the turn-out for my special summer chess program. I wanted 12 and I got 12 students. As I noted in my earlier e-mails, there is room for single day drop ins. The information is available from the http://www.WeibelChess.org site. Just look for the Alan's Summer Chess link. There is just one catch--any K-2 player (Fall 2011 school grade) attending must be committed to attending the Team next year. Third grade players who have no U.S. Chess Federation rating or are rated under 300 are also welcome.

I understand a few parents are concerned about the commitment of 6 chess tournaments during the 2011-2012 school year. Considering that almost all the tournaments are in Fremont or Santa Clara County, that really doesn't require a lot of travel to complete the 6. The required State Championships in mid-April are also in Santa Clara. And, yes, there are Sunday events as well. Most of our Team players attend far more events because they love chess competition.

If you have any questions, drop me an e-mail: alan@WeibelChess.org

Watch for Carl's notices on summer tournaments and chess camps. You can find a list of summer tournaments and weekly events at my http://www.CalNorthYouthChess.org/Tournaments.html page. That site lists a few tournaments not found on the official CalChess website.

Alan

No comments:

Post a Comment